We’re Hiring: Corporate Affairs & Inclusivity Manager
June 2, 2017 1:20 pm by BSD
The Corporate Affairs & Inclusivity Manager will report into the CEO leading all Group corporate communications activities, including corporate and brand communications; product media relations, PR strategy and press releases, corporate identity, brand and reputation management, corporate social investment, issues management, and social media communications. The Corporate Affairs & Inclusivity Manager is a critical strategic leadership role within the Group and will be responsible for ensuring proactive management of PR & Media activities and communications. The Corporate Affairs & Inclusivity Manager must demonstrate the ability to navigate and collaborate across functions and with senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and ensure implementation of communications strategies and programs;
- Serve as key Corporate Communications strategist, managing and nurturing our global corporate brand, identity and reputation;
- Develop and manage the company’s approach to risk/issues management, working with senior management and across the organization to ensure seamless coordination and understanding of accountability and actions to be taken if/when issues arise;
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure a shared understanding and propagation of our corporate, product and pipeline messaging across the Group and in all externally-facing communications (PR, website, etc.);
- Drive a holistic approach to PR, media relations and communications, ensuring close coordination with Employee Communications and Investor Relations.
- Plan, develop and implement lobby and advocacy programmes in all types of media to influence legislative and regulatory affairs as well as public decision makers on issues of youth and women;
- Spearheading the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility, which includes developing an annual Corporate Giving plan and developing a long-term vision, objectives and strategy;
- Oversee management of the company website and other corporate assets to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency with corporate brand strategy and strategic messaging;
- Develop and implement integrated social media strategies to complement and amplify corporate and brand public relations campaigns.
- Organise and coordinate public relations activities and events;
Our suitable candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Gender Studies in or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree is desirable;
- Minimum 5 or more years of progressive leadership in a related field and within a corporate organization or a communications/PR agency, handling corporate communications, product communications, social media, issues and crisis management, media relations and corporate social investment;
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets;
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional departments and disciplines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills;
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently;
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally;
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influence and network;
- Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization as a collaborative team player;
- Results-orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and managing resources;
- Strong work ethic; highest standards of ethics and compliance with laws.
If you fit this description, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org